Welcome to our link on federal legislative activities for the upcoming year. We will update this link as regularly as we have new information.
- Summary of College Affordability Act (Oct 23, 2019)
- Alexander Introduces Long-Term Solution to Fund Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Other Minority Serving Institutions (Oct 16, 2019)
- Press Release on the College Affordability Act Added (Oct 15, 2019)
- College Affordability Act Bill Text Added (Oct 15, 2019)
- Responses to follow-up questions from HELP Committee members Added (May 8, 2019)
- Memo: Senate HELP Committee Hearing on Accountability in Higher Education Added (April 11, 2019)
- Dr. Wheelan’s planned testimony before the Senate HELP Committee Added (April 9, 2019)
- C-RAC Chair Issues Statement on Negotiated Rulemaking Consensus
- Higher Ed Comments Letter to Senate HELP on HEA 2-23-18 SACSCOC signed onto this document so I wanted you to see it.
- C-RAC Releases One-Year Review of Institutions with Low Graduation Rates Added (Feb 2018)
- C-RAC Congressional Visits Target List, Washington D.C. 2017 (List of legislative offices with which Dr. Wheelan has met.)
- Why Regional Accreditation Matters
- This is the transcript from Ms. Devos’ Nomination Hearing
- SACSCOC Proposed Legislative Agenda – 2017
- Penn Hill Group Memorandum – 2016 Election and Federal Education Policy