About the Institute
The Summer Institute is designed for participants to:
- enhance their understanding of select standards from the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation through case studies and exercises involving interpretation and analysis
- prepare for the development and assessment of a Quality Enhancement Plan
- learn effective strategies for improving assessment practices that demonstrate compliance with SACSCOC Principles
This year, the Summer Institute will have a new format, following the extensive review of years of participant feedback. The re-visioned Summer Institute will be a curated learning experience organized into five designated Tracks, each with a specific focus on content which participants will choose at the time of registration. Previous years’ plenary sessions and series of optional breakout sessions have been replaced by Track “workshop-style” sessions featuring defined learning outcomes, in-depth discussions and activities, and planned pre-readings/assignments to more fully engage attendees.
The content within each Track will be facilitated by an accomplished group of peer instructors with expertise in the Track’s focus and/or years of experience serving as evaluators/chairs of SACSCOC review committees. Selected by SACSCOC staff, the peer instructors have led well-received sessions at the Annual Meeting and/or Summer Institute and will be contributing to the development of a syllabus for each Track to ensure an intentional learning experience for all participants. SACSCOC staff will also be in attendance to contribute to discussions as needed.
Participation in the Summer Institute is limited to SACSCOC applicant, candidate, and member institutions. While there are no restrictions on the number of participants from a single institution, no more than 1,000 participants will be able to attend.
2023 Summer Institute
The 2023 Summer Institute will be held July 16–19, 2023 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX.
Conference and Registration Details. The waitlist is now closed as we have well over 100 individuals waitlisted.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Materials from Previous Institutes
- July 21-24, 2024, New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans, LA
- July 19-22, 2025, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, Kissimmee, FL