June 2023 Accreditation Actions and Public Disclosure Statements
At its meeting on June 15, 2023, the Board of Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) took a number of actions regarding the accreditation status of candidate and member institutions in its region. (Click onto June 2023 Accreditation Actions.)
The institutions listed immediately below were reviewed in December 2022 or June 2022, placed on a sanction, and required to submit additional reports for June 2023. Because the status was changed during the meeting of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on June 15, 2023, their Disclosure Statements have been updated or deleted from the SACSCOC website.
- Emmanuel College, Franklin Springs, Georgia (removed from Warning)
- McLennan Community College, Waco, Texas (removed from Warning)
- Point University, West Point, Georgia (removed from Warning)
Please click onto the June 2023 Accreditation Actions for an update on the above institutions.
June 2023 Public Disclosure Statements
SACSCOC is authorized to post on its website Disclosure Statements for the following actions regarding the accreditation status of institutions: (1) institutions placed or continued on Warning or Probation, (2) institutions removed from accreditation or candidacy, (3) institutions denied initial candidacy or accreditation, (4) institutions denied authorization of a candidacy committee, and (5) special committees authorized separate from another SACSCOC Board action.
Each of the institutions listed below has had a Disclosure Statement prepared based on the action taken by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on June 15, 2023. The Statement tells the status of the institution, a definition/description of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees action, the reason for the action, the next step in the institution’s review, and any other recent action taken by the SACSCOC Board that can be disclosed. All information disclosed in the following Statements is in accord with SACSCOC’s policy, Disclosure of Accrediting Documents and Actions of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.”
- Cambridge College of Healthcare and Technology, Delray, Florida
- High Point University, High Point, North Carolina
- LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
- North American University, Stafford, Texas
- Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, Texas
- The Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- The University of Texas of El Paso, El Paso, Texas