Substantive Change Workshop
The Substantive Change Workshop is an opportunity to learn the principles and select advanced topics of substantive change from a SACSCOC staff member. It’s an ideal introduction for new liaisons and a refresher for those with experience.
Learning objectives are:
- to know what constitutes a substantive change;
- to assess substantive change in an institution-specific context;
- to learn how to develop a plan for monitoring and reporting substantive change;
- to understand the substantive change review process;
- to know the principal types of substantive change such as program closures and teach-outs, level changes, new programs, off-campus instructional sites, and more;
- to learn how to make and document determinations of “significant departure;” and
- to learn best practices for writing prospectuses and notifications.
- academic affairs staff members,
- faculty members,
- or others with substantive change responsibilities.
Fall 2019 Workshops:
- Friday, March 13, 2020, at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi
- Friday, May 22, 2020, at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Grand Strand Campus in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Sign up to receive a one-time email notification when registration opens mid-April 2020.
Workshops begin at 9:00 a.m. (local time) and end at 2:00 p.m. One-on-one consultations are available until 3:00 p.m. Lunch is provided. Attendance is limited to two people per institution per workshop.
Registration is first-come, first-serve; space is limited. Registration is required but there is no registration fee. Directions, parking, suggested hotels, and other information will be emailed with registration confirmations and/or prior to the workshop.
Registration is not complete until you receive a confirmation email from SACSCOC, typically within five business days.
Facilitator: Dr. Kevin Sightler, Director of Substantive Change, SACSCOC.
Questions? Please contact Ms. Donny Walker at email@example.com if you have questions.