Substantive Change Workshop
The Substantive Change Workshop is an opportunity to learn the principles and select advanced topics of substantive change from a SACSCOC staff member. It’s an ideal introduction for new liaisons and a refresher for those with experience.
Learning objectives are:
- to know what constitutes a substantive change;
- to assess substantive change in an institution-specific context;
- to learn how to develop a plan for monitoring and reporting substantive change;
- to understand the substantive change review process;
- to know the principal types of substantive change such as program closures and teach-outs, level changes, new programs, off-campus instructional sites, and more;
- to learn how to make and document determinations of “significant departure;” and
- to learn best practices for writing prospectuses and notifications.
- academic affairs staff members,
- faculty members,
- or others with substantive change responsibilities.