December 2020 Accreditation Actions and Public Disclosure Statements
At its meeting on December 4, 2020, the Board of Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) took a number of actions regarding the accreditation status of candidate and member institutions in its region. (Click onto December 2020 Accreditation Actions.)
The institutions listed immediately below were reviewed in December 2019, placed on a sanction, and required to submit additional reports for December 2020. Because they were removed from a sanction during the meeting of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on December 4, 2020, their Disclosure Statements have been deleted from the SACSCOC website.
- Benedict College, Columbia, South Carolina (removed from Probation)
- Demark Technical College, Denmark, South Carolina (removed from Probation)
- Memphis Theological Seminary, Memphis, Tennessee (reaffirmed and removed from Warning)
- Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, Kentucky (reaffirmed and removed from Warning)
- Wiley College, Marshall, Texas (See updated Disclosure Statement issued 12/9/2020)
Please click onto the December 2020 Accreditation Actions for an update on the above institutions.
December 2020 Public Disclosure Statements
SACSCOC is authorized to post on its website Disclosure Statements for the following actions regarding the accreditation status of institutions: (1) institutions placed or continued on Warning or Probation, (2) institutions removed from accreditation or candidacy, (3) institutions denied initial candidacy or accreditation, (4) institutions denied authorization of a candidacy committee, and (5) special committees authorized separate from another SACSCOC Board action.
Each of the institutions listed below has had a Disclosure Statement prepared based on the action taken by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on December 4, 2020. The Statement tells the status of the institution, a definition/description of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees action, the reason for the action, the next step in the institution’s review, and any other recent action taken by the SACSCOC Board that can be disclosed. All information disclosed in the following Statements is in accord with SACSCOC’s policy, “Disclosure of Accrediting Documents and Actions of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.”
- Alamance Community College, Graham, North Carolina
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College, Atlanta, North Carolina
- Bethel University, McKenzie, Tennessee
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, Clifton Forge, Virginia
- Montreat College, Montreat, North Carolina
- North Carolina Wesleyan College, Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- Snead State Community College, Boaz, Alabama
- Wiley College, Marshall, Texas