December 2019 Accreditation Actions and Public Disclosure Statements
At its meeting on December 8, 2019, the Board of Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) took a number of actions regarding the accreditation status of applicant, candidate and member institutions in its region. This list provides information about Reaffirmation, Candidacy, Fifth-Year Follow-Up Reports, Monitoring Reports, Substantive Changes and Sanctions. (Click onto December 2019 Accreditation Actions.)
The institutions listed immediately below were reviewed in December 2018 or June 2019, placed on a sanction, and required to submit additional reports for December. Because they were removed from a sanction during the meeting of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on December 2019, their Disclosure Statements have been deleted from the SACSCOC website.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL (removed from Warning)
- Johnson University, Knoxville, TN (removed from Probation)
- Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans (removed from Probation)
- Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX (removed from Probation)
- Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC (removed from Probation)
Please click onto the December 2019 Accreditation Actions for an update on the above institutions.
December 2019 Public Disclosure Statements
SACSCOC is authorized to post on its website Disclosure Statements for the following actions regarding the accreditation status of institutions: (1) institutions placed or continued on Warning or Probation, (2) institutions removed from accreditation or candidacy, (3) institutions denied initial candidacy or accreditation, (4) institutions denied authorization of a candidacy committee, and (5) special committees authorized separate from another SACSCOC Board action.
Each of the institutions listed below has had a Disclosure Statement prepared based on the action taken by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees on December 8, 2019. The Statement tells the status of the institution, a definition/description of the SACSCOC Board of Trustees action, the reason for the action, the next step in the institution’s review, and any other recent action taken by the SACSCOC Board that can be disclosed. All information disclosed in the following Statements is in accord with SACSCOC’s policy “Disclosure of Accrediting Documents and Actions of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.”
- Benedict College, Columbia, South Carolina
- Denmark Technical College, Denmark, South Carolina
- Memphis Theological Seminary, Memphis, Tennessee
- Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, North Carolina
- Roanoke-Chowan Community College, Ahoskie, North Carolina
- Wiley College, Marshall, Texas